Chief of Staff
New Age Meats is a fast-growing Berkeley startup developing plant-based and cultivated meat. We create delicious meat made without animal slaughter – healthier for humans, animals, and the planet.
We are looking for a Chief of Staff who will serve as a right hand to our Founder & CEO, help elevate & focus the leadership team, and serve as a force multiplier driving impact to our productivity. This person will promote alignment, effective decision making, project management, and execution of strategic initiatives as decided by the CEO.
- Operate at a tactical, strategic, and operational level, handling the oversight of projects that do not neatly fit in departments or leadership areas of responsibility.
- Track and report on company wide OKRs, establishing and maintaining dashboards and ensuring strong departmental level OKR roll-up and continuous improvement mentality.
- Facilitate cross-functional strategic initiatives, special projects, and ensure action items are executed on behalf of the CEO, anticipating troubleshooting of priorities as they arise.
- Example projects could include diligencing prospective key stakeholders, strategic planning projects, executive presentation build outs, and small business case assessments.
- Build and run cadence for leadership meetings, board meetings, and town halls including structuring and helping to deliver leadership level as well as company-wide communication.
- Help craft quarterly board decks and monthly town hall presentations as well as other presentations as needed.
- Organize a structure for key decisions to be made by gathering and organizing supporting data.
- Attend key meetings with or in lieu of the CEO, take notes, and update with a summary, action items, or key decisions that need to be made with lead-times in mind for all stakeholders.
- Promote team integration as well as cross-functional communication and collaboration.
- Build strong relationships across the organization but specifically with leadership and key managers in the company.
- Represent and foster the company’s Core Values:
- Innovation for Impact
- Ambition with Empathy
- Growth-oriented Mindset
- Diversity Builds Success
- 3+ years within a Chief of Staff/Strategic Planning/Business Operations/Exec Project Mgmt role.
- 5+ years within highly cross-functional workplace environments with commensurate multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- 5+ year within biotech, manufacturing, consumer product, tech, or combination thereof.
- 2+ years foundational background in top-tier CPG, Consulting, Banking, or other strategic and analytically rigorous environments.
- Experience within a venture-backed environment.
- Experience developing strong and clear presentations (PPT) that can cascade and land across working teams and the organization as it quickly scales.
- Passionate whatever-it-takes-to-get-the-job-done mentality.
- Highly organized with strong communication skills.
- Passion for food and/or biotech, consumer goods, and entrepreneurial environments.
- Strong presentation and writing skills and high level of fluency in Microsoft PPT, Excel, and project management tracking tools such as Smartsheet.
- Productivity oriented: natural productivity hacker to make work and life easier for the team without compromising on decision-making and critical thinking skills.
- Passionate about the mission of New Age Meats and the alternative protein sector.
- Flexible insurance offerings with generous company stipend
- Equity stock options
- 401k with match
- Flexible PTO
- Sponsored lunches
- Commuter benefits
Our 5 Core Values
1. Innovation for Impact
We seek to do something new, big and different united to achieve a substantive end goal
2. Ambition with Empathy
We attract passionate, self-motivated builders that treat their teammates with kindness, candor and understanding
3. Growth oriented Mindset
We take chances and fail forward in order to break through convention, knowing we might not get it right the first time
4. Diversity & Inclusion builds Success
We proactively foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that is a competitive advantage for our success
5. Integrity above All
We are fair, ethical, candid and accountable for our actions no matter what the circumstance or situation
New Age Meats is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.