The Quality Assurance Technician works independently and coordinates essential Quality Assurance / Quality Control functions from raw materials and current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) verification through finished product release.
New Age Meats is a fast-growing Berkeley startup developing cell-cultured meat. We create delicious meat made without animal slaughter – healthier for humans, animals, and the planet.
- Collect and coordinate information and prepare regulatory documentation for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Maintain regulatory files and database.
- Review labels for compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Audit, implement and manage systems to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Assist in the investigation of customer complaints to determine root causes, provide responses, and determine corrective and/or preventive actions.
- Support Production as needed including line start-up and ingredient and finished product approval.
- Implement food safety and QA/QC practices for all aspects of food manufacturing such as sampling procedures, test plans and product specifications. Ensure practices are consistently applied.
- Review all data obtained during quality assurance activities to insure consistency with New Age Meats policies and procedures.
- Enforce and verify sanitation standards to ensure food safety integrity according to applicable laws and statutes.
- Investigates and resolves issues identified during quality assurance activities and keeps management team abreast of any significant issues or developments identified.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of customer complaints.
- Supervise other employees engaged in quality assurance activities.
- Assists with the control and release of withheld and retained products.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data.
- Develop and prepare clean, concise, and comprehensive studies and reports.
- Communicate effectively orally and in-writing.
- Work with minimal general work direction in a rapidly changing environment.
- Perform and assume additional responsibilities as assigned to accomplish goal
- Minimum 3-5 years practical experience in a quality, laboratory or GMP regulated production environment in 21 CFR regulated industries (i.e., food, dietary supplements, personal care, medical devices, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to function as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail
Technical Skills Required
- Familiarity / knowledge of GMPs, HACCP/food safety, laboratory safety, GFSI
- Experience working with version-controlled forms, procedures, policies, and workflows.
- Four-year college degree in a technical/scientific discipline (Food, Physical, or Biological Sciences preferred).
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Sitting 30%; Walking 30%; Standing 40%.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Exposure to warehouse and manufacturing equipment hazards.
EXPECTATIONS & DEVELOPMENT
As a member of the New Age Meats team, we expect you to be accountable for your actions, to challenge existing processes and to grow both professionally and personally. This means having the willingness to claim 100% ownership for results, both individually and collectively with others and to “think outside of the box” when it comes to processes, policies, and strategies. It also requires seeking out new knowledge and skills and assisting others in growing similarly.
This job description is not designed to be all inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Flexible insurance offerings with generous company stipend
- Equity stock options
- 401k with match
- Flexible PTO
- Sponsored lunches
- Commuter benefits
New Age Meats is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.Apply Now