New Age Meats is a fast-growing Berkeley startup developing cell-cultured meat. We create delicious meat made without animal slaughter – healthier for humans, animals, and the planet.
We’re expanding our cell engineering team, and are looking to hire multiple Scientists to assist in cell line development and media optimization, including platform designing.
These positions will focus on establishing and maintaining animal cell lines, performing and creating molecular and cell biology experiments and in vitro cell assays.
QUALIFICATIONS: Completed a BS/BA or MS in molecular biology, cellular biology, or a similar field; 1+ years of laboratory experience in mammalian cell culture.
- Working experience with mammalian cell culture and BSL2 environments
- Knowledge and experience with suspension cultures/ bench top bioreactors
- Knowledge and experience with media formulation and optimization
- Cell differentiation optimization
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/tasks
- Familiarity with laboratory notebooking and research documentation
- Comfort with a fast-paced startup environment
- Literature research and experimental design
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills and attention to detail
- Flexible insurance offerings with generous company stipend
- Equity stock options
- 401k with match
- Flexible PTO
- Sponsored lunches
- Commuter benefits
New Age Meats is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.