New Age Meats is a Berkeley based cell-cultured and plant based meat company. We create delicious meat made using animal cells as well as plants instead of animal slaughter — healthier for humans, animals, and the Earth.
We need people to help combine cell biology with plant based ingredients to create delicious food for the world to eat. You will work alongside others in a food research lab and kitchen, helping to create and bring a food product to market. You will move into pure technological whitespace and shape the future of food and health by addressing humanity’s biggest challenges.
- Lead the Sensory & Perception initiatives at New Age Meats
- Design sensory testing program and train in-house panelists
- Conduct panels to enable product feature development
- Create and train a team to prepare and conduct routine sensory panels
- Collect, analyze, and interpret sensory data
- Research literature and prior art to aid in solving new problems
- Coordinate external sensory lab contractors if needed
- Maintain a food safe working environment: GLP, GMP
- PhD/MS or equivalent in food science, sensory science, neural biology or similar field
- Familiarity with descriptive, sorting, ranking, and any other types of sensory testing
- 3-5 years of post-educational industry experience. Equivalent academic research project experience may be considered.
- Demonstrable ability to apply general analytical and problem solving skills to food systems
- Comfort with a fast paced start-up environment and remote communication
- Bonus points for QA (GFSI), and statistics (DOE, RSM, GLM, etc)
- Experience in alternative protein industry as sensory scientist
- Comparative knowledge of quantitative organoleptics of food ingredients with sensory attributes
- Flexible insurance offerings with generous company stipend
- Equity stock options
- 401k with match
- Flexible PTO
- Sponsored lunches
- Commuter benefits
New Age Meats is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.